As soon as the fall season hits and there's a chill in the air, any food or beverage that contains the festive pumpkin flavor becomes popular. With the myriad of recipes containing pumpkin, it can be difficult to narrow it down. This incredibly delicious pumpkin bread recipe is filled with rich aromatic spices and pumpkin flavor. Perfect for a tasty, quick breakfast or a treat at the end of a meal topped with cream cheese frosting. Pumpkin is wonderful for recipes because it adds flavor and moistens bread and cakes. This is a recipe you'll want to make often!
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 2/3 cups white sugar
- 2 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 15 ounces pumpkin
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Sift all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Mix well in a separate bowl; combine eggs, water, applesauce, butter, and pumpkin.
4. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add the liquids, then mix until moistened.
5. Pour into two greased and floured loaf pans. Bake for 60 minutes.
Let cool before serving, and feel free to top with homemade cream cheese frosting. And if you want to kick the flavor up a little more, add chocolate morsels or walnuts. There are many ways to make this recipe your own, so experiment with different ingredients to suit your tastes. For more tasty treats, see all of our bread recipes. Enjoy!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/MizC.