When the leaves start changing and the weather starts to get a little cooler, it's only natural to crave everything pumpkin. People around the world flock to get their first pumpkin-flavored coffee of the season or look forward to baking the most decadent, nostalgic treats for their families. It's arguably one of the times of the year that many can't wait to come. Well, if you are looking for ideas for delicious treats, we have you covered. This pumpkin scone recipe is an easy, tasty treat that goes perfectly with your morning coffee. So, grab your ingredients, and let's get baking!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup pumpkin, cooked (cold), mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour, self-rising
- Grease a scone tray or baking tray.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well.
- Add pumpkin, flour, and salt and fold in by hand. Knead lightly and cut into 1-inch squares.
- Place close together on the scone tray and bake at 425 degrees F. until well risen and golden on top (about 15 minutes).
- Serve hot, with butter.
While this dessert is best served in the morning, pumpkin is great any time of day. Make these treats for a work potluck or just for a sweet treat with your morning coffee. And if you enjoyed this recipe, try our other fall treats, such as these tasty pumpkin bars or these easy pumpkin muffins. Enjoy!