Last Updated on
Cranberry Cake Recipe
This delicious cake recipe is one we use around the holidays, when fresh cranberries are in season. If you can’t get fresh cranberries, frozen work just as well because they’re frozen at the peak of the season. You can also stock up when the fresh ones are in the stores (usually on sale) and pop them in the freezer to have on hand for great recipes like this one!
Cranberry Morning Cake
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups unbleached flour, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (pat dry with paper towels)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
confectioners’ sugar for topping
1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture.
4. Mix remaining flour with cranberries and nuts; fold into batter. Batter will be very thick.
5. Spoon batter into a greased 10 inch tube pan.
6. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
7. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Cool on a wire rack then sprinkle confectioners’ sugar over the top of the cake