Pasta casserole can be made with many different protein features, but beef is the favorite of many and it helps make this dish a bona fide classic.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 21–1/2 ounces (2 cans) condensed tomato soup
- 10–3/4 ounces water
- 4 cups uncooked corkscrew-shaped pasta (rotini)
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cook the beef and oregano in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until the beef is well browned, stirring frequently to separate meat. Drain any fat.
3. Stir the soup, water and pasta in a 13×9×2-inch shallow baking dish.
4. Add the beef mixture and ricotta cheese and stir to coat. Cover.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove from oven.
6. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ground beef pasta casserole, italian ground beef casserole