This chili has been taste tested by people that have searched high and low for the best chili recipe and they agreed…it is definitely a winner!
- 2 1/2 lb. lean chuck, ground
- 1 lb. lean pork, ground
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 oz. hunt’s tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can beer (12 oz.)
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons instant beef bouillon (or 6 cubes)
- 2 Tablespoons cumin, ground
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon warm water
- In a large saucepan brown 1 1/4 pounds of the ground meat (the beef and the pork), drain the fat.
- Remove meat (the beef and the pork). Brown the rest of the ground meat, drain all but 2 tablespoons of the fat.
- Add the garlic and onion, cook and stir until tender.
- Add the other half of the meat and the tomato sauce, water, beer, chili powder, bouillon, cumin, paprika, oregano, sugar, coriander, cocoa, and hot sauce. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, covered , for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cornmeal and flour, then add the warm water and mix well.
- Stir into chili and cook, covered, for an additional 20 minutes.
If you accidentally add too much hot sauce or spice to your chili, serve it with sour cream or extra cheese on top. Dairy contains a protein called casein that cools the burning heat of spicy foods.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 2 Hours, 20 Minutes.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: best chili recipe, winning chili recipe, Best crockpot chili recipe