- 1⅓ cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups maple syrup or molasses
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together baking mix and baking powder.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine corn and egg.
- Combine egg and flour mixture, stir gently.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Drop batter by Tablespoonfuls into hot oil one layer at a time.
- Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain fritters on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup or molasses.