- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- ½ teaspoon minced onion
- 3 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1½ cups dry white wine
- 1 pound Gruyere cheese, shredded
- ½ pound Swiss cheese, shredded
- In a fondue pot or double broiler over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Stir in the garlic and onion. Slowly cook and stir until the vegetables are soft.
- Mix in the tomatoes and cook another 3 minutes.
- Pour in the wine.
- Continue stirring until the wine reaches a near boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in Gruyere and Swiss cheeses until melted.