Spaghetti and meatballs are a go-to meal on busy nights, but this recipe takes it up a notch with mozzarella stuffed meatballs. Using string cheese makes prep super easy and few ingredients make it super fast.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces mozzarella string cheese sticks, cut into 12 (1/2-inch) slices
- 26 ounces (1 jar) Italian style pasta sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
1. In medium bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, garlic powder and egg; shape into 12 meatballs.
2. Press 1 cheese slice into each meatball, enclosing completely.
3. In 3-quart saucepan, bring pasta sauce to a boil over medium-high heat. Gently stir in uncooked meatballs.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until meatballs are done. Serve over hot spaghetti.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stewing
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: mozzarella stuffed meatballs, keto stuffed meatballs