- 6 egg whites
- 2 cups white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add the sugar and cream of tartar; beat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add crackers, nuts and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove from oven, cool and cut into squares. Top each serving with pie filling and whipped topping.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25