At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
This is one dessert that nearly everyone loves. It’s an old dessert that you’ve probably tried when your grandmother made it years ago. It’s a hit during any gathering or special occasion. It’s also great for summer parties and especially during the holidays.
What is Cherry Delight?
The name says it all. Cherry
The crust can be made with graham crackers or crushed saltine crackers. The filling can be a cheesecake layer or you can use cherry pie filling and top it off with a whipped topping. Add pecans for an extra crunch and a variety of flavors. I love that you can customize this cherry delight dessert to your liking by using a variety of ingredients.
Delicious Cherry Delight Pie Variations
For the Crust:
- Pre-Made Pie Crust (Store Bought)
- Crushed Graham Crackers, Melted Butter & Sugar
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Crushed Saltine Crackers, Egg Whites, Cream of Tartar & Sugar
To Bake or Not to Bake Your Cherry Delight?
This option is totally up to you and the time you have to prepare this delicious cherry delight recipe. It also depends on the crust you plan on using. If you choose to use graham cracker crumbs, you can press the mixture evenly onto a baking pan and place it into the oven for 5-8 minutes. If you choose to create a tart crust like in this recipe, you’ll also want to bake it before adding any toppings.
For a no-bake option, you can use graham cracker crumbs or a pre-made pie crust, add in the softened cream cheese and whipped topping, top with cherry pie filling and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight if possible to ensure the crust has hardened.
Perfect for Beginners
This cherry delight pie is perfect for beginners. Not only is it very easy to make, but you also only need a few ingredients. You can throw it together in under ten minutes which is an added bonus. You may even want to make two dishes because you simply cannot just have one helping.
This pie brings such a beautiful red color to the table, making it a lovely dessert for Christmas, Valentine’s Day or any other occasion.
This pie features a great combination of cherry pie filling and crust without being overly sweet. No matter which way you make it, this cherry delight pie is one to share with your friends and family this holiday season as well as any celebration throughout the year.
If you like this recipe, try these!Print
- 6 egg whites
- 2 cups white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add the sugar and cream of tartar; beat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add crackers, nuts and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove from oven, cool and cut into squares. Top each serving with pie filling and whipped topping.