This is the ultimate in elegance. White chocolate combines with rich cherries to create a memorable cheesecake. Not your average cheesecake, this recipe is perfect for special occasions.
White Chocolate Cherry Pecan Cheesecake
1 cup pecan halves, toasted, divided
1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup (½ stick) butter, melted
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (6 ounce) package Baker's White Chocolate, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
1 cup thawed Cool Whip whipped topping
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Reserve 16 of the pecan halves for garnish. Finely chop remaining pecans; mix with graham crumbs, sugar and butter. Press firmly onto bottom and half way up sides of pan.
3. Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
4. Gradually add sweetened condensed milk, beating until well blended. Add chocolate and 1 tsp. of the vanilla; mix well.
5. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.
6. Bake 1 hour or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
7. When ready to serve, mix pie filling and remaining 1 tsp. vanilla; spoon over cheesecake. Top with whipped topping and reserved pecans.
Other Cherry Desserts to Try
There are so many delicious cheesecake recipes that you can make. But, if you're a fan of cherries, you may want to try some other cherry desserts. Cherries have a unique combination of sweet and sour. With their taste and deep red color, they can make any dessert look decadent. If you want an elegant dessert for a special meal or you just enjoy the taste of cherries, you'll want to try these other cherry desserts.
Fudge is always a special treat, and cherry vanilla fudge takes it to the next level. If you are used to eating chocolate fudge, you'll be delighted to try a different type of fudge that doesn't have any chocolate in it. This smooth and mouthwatering fudge is sure to be a new favorite.
Cherry Delight is a great recipe for beginners. If you have kids, you might want to have them help you. This sweet and creamy dessert uses saltine crackers as its base. The salt of the crackers and sweetness of the cherries make for a winning combination. There are variations of this dessert which change up the crust. You can use saltine crackers, graham cracker crust, yellow cake mix, or a store bought crust.