To get a truly authentic taste of China, you will want to try this Great Chinese dumpling recipe which is guaranteed to make for a moist and juicy dish which is great when served with a flavorful broth.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped Chinese chives
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp chile-garlic sauce
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp finely chopped Chinese chives
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 50 dumpling wrappers
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, 1 tbsp chives, sesame seeds, and chile sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix pork, garlic, egg, 2 tbsp. chives, soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger in a large bowl. Place a dumpling wrapper on a lightly floured surface and spoon about 1 tbsp of the filling in the middle. Wet the edge with a little water and crimp together forming small pleats to seal the dumpling. Repeat with remaining dumpling wrappers and filling.
- Heat 1 to 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place 8 to 10 dumplings in the pan and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Pour in 1 cup of water, cover and cook until the dumplings are tender, and the pork is cooked through about 5 minutes. Repeat for remaining dumplings.
- Serve with soy sauce for dipping.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stewing
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: Chinese Chicken and Dumpling, Chicken and Dumpling Soup