It really doesn’t get much easier than chicken fried pork. This dish has just four ingredients: pork chops, seasonings, flour, and oil. Prep time will be next to nothing. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in just a short period of time.
- 2 Thick cut boneless pork chops
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup flour
- Vegetable oil
- Cut pork lengthwise into 2 thin chops.
- Place between plastic wrap and pound to ¼-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Dredge in flour, coating both sides and shaking off excess.
- Heat ¼-inch oil in a heavy skillet.
- Add pork and fry until nicely browned, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Pour off all but 2 Tablespoons of the fat.
- Add 1 cup milk.
- Heat until boiling, scraping up all the browned bits. Cook until thickened. (No need to add flour since the flour from the cooked pork chops is usually enough.)
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Pan-Frying
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken fried pork, country fried pork