If you are a meat and potatoes kind of person, we probably had you at delight. The meal we offer here is simple to make and absolutely delicious. It is creamy, filling and it appeals to a wide variety of taste buds.
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (frozen or canned, drained)
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion in butter until tender.
- Sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper. Stir in the milk and half & half until well blended.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thick and bubbly.
- Add the chicken and vegetables; cover and simmer until heated through.
- Spoon over mashed potatoes to serve.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Simmering
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: creamed chicken over mashed potatoes, chicken and mashed potatoes