This recipe for Chicken Waikiki Beach certainly puts the emphasis on what a meal can taste like if every ingredient is clicking on all cylinders.
- 1 whole broiler-fryer chicken, cut into parts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup salad oil
- 1 can undrained crushed pineapple
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- Wash chicken, pat dry with paper towels. Mix salt and pepper with flour in a shallow dish.
- Dredge chicken with seasoned flour.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time and brown on all sides.
- Drain off excess oil.
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple, barbecue sauce, cornstarch and ginger. Mix until smooth.
- Pour sauce over chicken in skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Makes 4 servings.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Simmering
- Cuisine: Pacific
Keywords: chicken waikiki beach, pineapple chicken recipe