Last Updated on
Waikiki Beach Chicken
1 whole broiler-fryer chicken, cut into parts
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
½ cup flour
⅓ cup salad oil
1 can undrained crushed pineapple
1 cup barbecue sauce
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
½ teaspoon ginger
1. Wash chicken, pat dry with paper towels. Mix salt and pepper with flour in a shallow dish.
2. Dredge chicken with seasoned flour.
3. Heat oil in large skillet. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time and brown on all sides.
4. Drain off excess oil.
5. In a large bowl, combine pineapple, barbecue sauce, cornstarch and ginger. Mix until smooth.
6. Pour sauce over chicken in skillet.
7. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Makes 4 servings.