- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups julienned green pepper
- 1 1/2 cups julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 ounces turkey pepperoni, halved and sliced
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces part skim mozzarella cheese, diced
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, sauté the onion, peppers, and garlic in oil until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add stewed tomatoes and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the pepperoni, diced tomatoes, salt, and pepper; simmer for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta; add to the tomato mixture.
- Add cheese and toss well. Sprinkle with pepper flakes if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 213
- Sodium: 585mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 22mg