This cranberry nut bread recipe is a slightly sweet, moist quick bread with a hint of orange. It’s full of plump cranberries that are chopped so that each bite is loaded with the delicious tangy taste of cranberries.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the cranberries and walnuts, and stir to coat with flour.
- Mix together the egg, oil, orange juice, and orange zest.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture, and stir until just blended.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack, and cool completely.