Of course, the dude ranch beans taste dynamite all their own, but this exceptional flavor that they come with also helps elevate so many other foods, too.
- 2 cups dried red kidney beans
- 1 quart cold water
- 1 cup thinly sliced, peeled onions
- 2 minced cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup minced, green pepper
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- Wash beans, cover with 1 quart water, and let soak covered, several hours or overnight. Drain, reserving five cups of the liquid.
- Add the liquid back into the beans with all but last 3 ingredients.
- Cover, cook 2 ½ hours, or until tender, adding boiling water if necessary.
- Add salt during last hour of cooking, stirring gently with a fork.
- About 15 minutes before done, mix chili powder with 2 tablespoons cold water and stir in.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Simmering
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dude ranch chicken, tomato sauce and ranch beans