- 6 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 2 teaspoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 (12-pound) turkey, water
- Combine soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger, paprika, basil, parsley, pepper and five-spice powder in small bowl and let stand 20 minutes to thicken.
- Remove neck and giblets from turkey.
- Wash turkey well, then pat dry and season inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Pour ½ marinade over turkey, reserving other ½ for later use.
- Place turkey on rack in roaster. Pour about 1 cup water in bottom of roaster.
- Prepare foil tent to cover roaster.
- Spray underside of tent with non-stick cooking spray, place over turkey and seal sides.
- Roast turkey at 325°F, basting often, until nicely browned, about 15 minutes per pound.
- Remove from oven, let turkey rest and serve on platter with reserved marinade as dipping sauce on side.
Makes 12 to 14 servings.