- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces uncooked rotini
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1 1/2 cups fat free half & half
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry.
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil in a small saucepan until tender. Set aside.
- Prepare rotini according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Reduce heat; slowly add milk.
- Stir in half and half. Bring to a boil over medium low heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the onion-garlic mixture, tomatoes, and spinach. Heat through.
- Drain the rotini and toss with the sauce mixture, coating evenly.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 264
- Sodium: 488mg
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 16mg