For the pecans:
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups shelled pecan halves.
For the Lemon Vinaigrette:
- ½ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed (2 to 3 whole lemons)
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup corn oil
- ⅓ cup walnut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 pounds green beans
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add pecans and salt to taste.
- Toast lightly, stirring constantly. (Nuts cook quickly, be careful not to burn them).
- Whisk lemon juice, sugar, and mustard together, then slowly drizzle in corn and walnut oil until emulsified.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. (Or use a hand-blender to make the whole thing go quicker and emulsify better).
- Trim beans and cut into 3 inch lengths.
- Place in a microwavable serving bowl and cover with plastic wrap, leaving a slight space for steam to escape.
- Steam until crisply tender 2-4 minutes. (You may also use a regular steamer.)
- Rinse with water to arrest the cooking process.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Lightly coat the beans with the dressing, adding only as much dressing as you need, and toss in the nuts. Adjust the salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 8
- Cook Time: 6