Although the pork is the star of the dish, the carrots work as the perfect complement. They increase the nutritional value of the meal while lending a sweet taste that works perfectly with the ginger and protein.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (about 5 ounces each)
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups baby carrots
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of the pork with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the pork to the hot pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Whisk together the broth, honey and ginger and add the mixture to the pan.
- Add the carrots and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 3 minutes, until pork is tender and the carrots are crisp-tender.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Pan-Frying
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: perfectly glazed carrots, ginger ham