An Italian flavor can be easy to achieve with the right sauces, spices and vegetables. Our Italian Chicken and Peppers dish calls for Italian style pasta sauce, onions, garlic and pepper to give it a unique taste that even the pickiest eaters can enjoy.
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 ounces Italian style pasta sauce
- 6 cups hot cooked spaghetti
- Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepot over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through (about 10 minutes), stirring often.
- Add the peppers, onions and garlic and cook until tender.
- Add the Italian sauce and heat through, combining all ingredients well.
- Serve mixture over the spaghetti. Serves 6.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Simmering
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: italian chicken and peppers, italian chicken pasta