Are you the parent of a child born on January 21? Are you curious about their zodiac sign? As a parent, you are naturally curious about your child's growth and development and wonder who they will become. Astrologers believe that zodiac signs offer insight into a person's personality, life outlook, and compatibility with others. Read on to learn what astrology predicts for your January 21 child.
What Is a Zodiac Sign?
Starting on the first day of Spring, there are twelve zodiac signs representing 30-degree sections of the Earth's orbit around the sun. Each zodiac sign has a ruling planet and is represented by one of the four elements, which contribute to the sign's individual characteristics. Additionally, depending on the season, each sign is assigned a modality (Fixed, Cardinal, or Mutable).
Your zodiac or Sun sign is the astrological sign even a casual student of astrology knows. Determined by the sun's location in the heavens at the time of your birth, astrologers believe your Sun sign determines your personality traits, compatibility with others, and your best career path in life.
What Is the Zodiac Sign for People Born on January 21?
The zodiac sign for people born on January 21 is Aquarius. Aquarius, the eleventh house of the zodiac, represents those born between January 20 through February 18. Here is a summary of the signs and symbols associated with Aquarius.
- Astrological Symbol – Water Bearer: Aquarius means “Cup Bearer” or “Water Bearer” in Latin. Ganymede is the water bearer represented in the constellation of Aquarius. Zeus spotted Ganymede taking care of his father's flock on a mountainside. After falling in love with Ganymede, Zeus sent a giant bird to kidnap the boy, who after that was a cupbearer to Zeus and the other gods.
- Element – Air: Despite being represented by a Water Bearer, Aquarius is an Air sign. Air signs tend to be detached but are highly adaptable to new situations. They are also excellent communicators.
- Ruling Body – Uranus: This planet gives Aquarius its unconventional and unpredictable nature.
- Ruling House – Eleventh: The eleventh zodiac house is forward-thinking and signifies innovation, science, and technology. It also the house that represents relationships.
- Sign Modality – Fixed: Fixed signs occur in the middle of seasons and represent creativity and stability. They also tend to be dedicated and stubborn.
- Symbolic Metal – Platinum: One of Earth's rarest metals, platinum signifies power and wealth.
- Tarot Card – The Star: This tarot card typically features a Water Bearer and represents hope, renewal, and rejuvenation.
What Are the Personality Traits of Those Born on January 21?
Aquarians are unconventional by nature and love challenging the status quo. They almost always dislike routines and schedules while constantly seeking new experiences and adventures. However, they are also cerebral and often lost in thought. Their deductive natures sometimes lead to people seeing them as cold-natured or aloof.
However, despite occasionally coming across this way, Aquarians tend to have large social networks because they genuinely and deeply care about others. They love to engage in conversation with others about new and abstract ideas. This humanitarian streak draws them to social movements. They also embrace change and new ideas before most people. If any sign can change the world, it is Aquarius.
What Are the Strengths and Weaknesses of This Zodiac Sign?
Like all signs, the Aquarian has strengths and weaknesses. Here are some of the most common characteristics of this zodiac sign.
Strengths: Always charming and entertaining, the Aquarian knows how to network and enjoys meeting new people. Their compassion runs deep, extending to people from all walks of life, and their eagerness to help others knows no bounds. Despite being an erratic zodiac sign, they are reliable friends and family members in moments of need. Need help moving? The Aquarian is the friend who volunteers.
Weaknesses: Although they are humanitarians at heart, their analytical natures affect all aspects of their personality, including their personal relationships. Aquarius makes decisions with their minds rather than their hearts, so they can sometimes appear unemotional and cold. Despite their extensive social network, they often struggle in personal, particularly romantic relationships. They also tend to think they are smarter than everyone else and may become incredibly stubborn.
Which Zodiac Signs Are Compatible with Those Born On January 21?
Aquarius gets on best with the other Air signs, Gemini and Libra, because they have the same outlooks on life. All three Air signs are intellectual and are most comfortable in social situations.
Aquarius also gets on well with Fire signs like Aries and Leo. Every zodiac sign has an opposite sign, and Leo is the opposite sign of Aquarius. Despite being directly opposed to each other in the zodiac chart, Leo and Aquarius get along well together because they love adventure. Both are unconventional and crave excitement, although the motivations for these things are different. Famously dramatic, the Leo has a more oversized ego than the humbler Aquarius. While this may sometimes cause misunderstandings, the two signs bring out the best in each other.
The Aquarian personality needs help understanding grounded Earth signs like Capricorn and moody Water signs like Scorpio. While the Aquarius is a sign hardwired to analyze, Scorpio operates on intuition and feelings. Misunderstandings are sure to arise. Moreover, Scorpio has a jealous and controlling streak, which will cause conflict with the Aquarian's independent nature. An Earth sign like Capricorn values tradition and is practical, while the Aquarian loves challenging authority and dislikes routine. These two zodiac signs will naturally have conflict.
Famous People Born on January 21
Here are a few famous Aquarians born on this date.
- Billy Ocean – Singer and songwriter best known for the songs “Suddenly” and “Caribbean Queen (No More Love on the Run).”
- Christian Dior – French fashion designer who also won an Oscar for Best Costume Design in 1955.
- Edwin Star – Motown singer best known for his number one song “War.”
- Emma Bunton – Member of the Spice Girls whose nickname was “Baby Spice.”
- Eric Holder – American lawyer and judge who became the first African-American US Attorney General in 2009. He served as Attorney General until 2015.
- Geena Davis – American actress best known for Beetlejuice and Thelma and Louise. Davis won the Best Actress Academy Award for A League of Their Own.
- Grigori Rasputin – Russian mystic who served as the spiritual advisor to Czar Nicholas II's wife, Alexandra Fedorovna. Rasputin contributed to the unpopularity of the royal family, which led to the Russian Revolution in 1917.
- Jack Nicklaus – American golfer who won seventy-three PGA titles.
- Jerry Trainor – Actor best known for his role as “Crazy Steve” on the Nickelodeon TV series Drake & Josh.
- Luke Grimes – American actor who stars as Kayce Dutton in the TV series Yellowstone.
- Minnie Mills – Actress best known for her role in the Amazon television series The Summer I Turned Pretty.
- Placido Domingo – Famous opera singer who is a member of the Three Tenors with Luciano Pavarotti.
- Ritchie Havens – Folk singer and songwriter who released over twenty albums during his career. He became famous after opening the 1969 Woodstock Festival.
- Stonewall Jackson – He was a Confederate general who played a major role in the Eastern theater of the American Civil War until his death.
The zodiac sign for those born on January 21 is Aquarius. The Aquarian is an unpredictable sign because they combine seemingly contradictory traits. For instance, they often struggle with personal relationships but usually have an extensive social network. Furthermore, they have a deep well of compassion for others but have a stridently analytical outlook on life that sometimes makes them appear cold or aloof.
Famously unorthodox, the Aquarian dislikes labels and routines. This sign is always searching for adventure and excitement. Furthermore, the Aquarian is usually an innovator and a leader in their chosen field because they embrace new ideas. Their love for people also drives them to social work or social movements.
Aquarius gets along best with other Air signs and Fire signs like Leo. However, they may need help understanding Earth and Water signs because these signs have a different outlook on life. If your child is an Aquarius, they are truly special and unique. By understanding their astrological sign, you can encourage the best Aquarius personality traits while also tempering some of the weaknesses of this boldly unconventional sign.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©New Africa/Shutterstock.com.