Our recipe is for a basic lasagna featuring tomato sauce, ground beef, pasta and cheese.
- 16 pieces (about 16 oz.) lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (about 28 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons chopped oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In large skillet, brown meat; drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and water; simmer 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Lay flat on foil to cool.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, oregano, basil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Spread about 1/3 cup meat sauce on bottom of 13 x 9 glass baking dish. Arrange 4 pasta pieces lengthwise over sauce, overlapping edges. Spread one-third cheese mixture over pasta; spread with about 3/4 cup meat sauce.
- Repeat layers, beginning and ending with pasta. Top with remaining meat sauce; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove foil; bake about 10 minutes longer, or until lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: best lasagna recipe, homemade lasagna