A meatloaf recipe is as varied as the cook who makes it. Some make meatloaf as an old-fashioned comfort food, carrying on a tradition of a home cooked reliable meal the family can gather around.
- package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup catsup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the onion soup mix, ground beef, egg and milk together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the catsup, brown sugar and mustard.
- Spoon half the sauce mixture on the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2 loaf pan.
- Form the meat combination into a well packed loaf shape, on top of the sauce mixture in the loaf pan.
- Spoon the remaining brown sugar sauce mixture onto the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake uncovered, for about an hour. When done, take the meatloaf out of the pan and place on a serving plate. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy meatloaf recipe, lipton meatloaf recipe