- ¾ pound sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crust
- ¾ cup evaporated skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ cup halved cranberries (optional)
- Place the sweet potato in a saucepan with just enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, and cook until fork tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain and mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Divide the pie crust into 24 small balls.
- Press them into the cups of two 12 cup mini muffin pans to make tartlet shells. Set aside.
- Spoon the sweet potato into a blender or food processor, and add the evaporated milk, egg whites, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Puree until smooth. Spoon about 1 Tablespoon of this mixture into each tart shell.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into one of the tarts comes out clean. Cool in the pans over a wire rack. Garnish each tart with a cranberry half before serving.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10