- 3 Tablespoons oil, divided
- 2 medium onions, chopped, about 2 cups
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 4½ cups corn flakes, crushed
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup uncooked farina, such as Cream of Wheat
- ¼ cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
- 1½ teaspoons salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon pepper divided
- 12–14 pound turkey, thawed if frozen, neck and giblets removed
- 2 teaspoon mustard powder
- Chicken broth, as needed
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- For stuffing, in large skillet heat 1 tbs. oil over medium heat. Add onions and carrots; cook until softened 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In large bowl combine corn flakes, eggs, farina, salad dressing, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper and onion mixture. Fill turkey body and neck cavities with stuffing; truss if desired.
- Place remaining stuffing in 1-qt. Casserole. Place turkey on rack set in roasting pan.
- Combine remaining oil with mustard; brush over turkey. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Roast 30 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Roast, basting frequently with pan juices, until thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 180°F, 3 to 3½ hours.
- Place casserole with stuffing in oven 30 minutes before turkey is done. Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile for gravy, skim fat from pan juices, reserving 3 tbs. fat. Add enough broth to pan juices to equal 2 cups.
- Over two burners on medium heat combine reserved fat with flour in roasting pan; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Stir in broth mixture, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Increase heat to high; bring to a boil. Cook stirring constantly, until mixture thickens slightly, about 3 minutes.