- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups light corn syrup
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 3 Tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 10×15 inch jellyroll pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, ½ cup sugar, and salt. Cut in 1 cup of margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the prepared pan, and press in firmly.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling. In a large bowl mix together the eggs, corn syrup, 1½ cups sugar, 3 Tablespoons margarine, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Spread the filling evenly over the crust as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until set. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing into bars.