There are a lot of tasty foods that come to mind when you think of Thanksgiving dinner. One of those happens to be pecan pie. This pie is the perfect combination of sweet and salty, soft and gooey, and crunchy. It’s everything you could want in a bite and the perfect dessert for the holidays. The problem is, sometimes one pie isn’t enough. You have to make several to feed a crowd. Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a way to make a larger version of this dessert? As it turns out, there is. This pecan pie bars recipe is a great way to get the same flavors and textures you enjoy in a pecan pie, with a little less work.
Why Choose This Pecan Pie Bars Recipe Over Traditional Pecan Pie?
You can’t go wrong with pecan pie, but if you need to feed a lot of people and don’t have enough pie pans or enough time to make several different pies, these pecan pie bars are a good alternative. They can be made on a sheet pan and baked in the oven fairly quickly. That means there is less work for you. You can also easily serve these bars. They hold together better than a slice of pie, so when you cut them and remove them from the pan, you can stack them right up on a platter or display. You can even slice them ahead of time to make serving easier.
What Foods Can Be Served With This Dessert?
These bars go great with any type of meal. They are the perfect holiday dessert, and while they may be a great ending to your Thanksgiving meal, you can really serve them any time of year. The flavor is perfect for fall and winter, and you can even add more spices and seasonings such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to warm up the flavors a bit. If you really want to add some interesting flavors to the meal, you can serve it with whipped cream and ice cream.
How To Plate The Pecan Bars
You can make your pecan pie bars the start of your dessert table with the right plating. Choose a fancy or holiday-themed platter and stack the bars on top of it. Sprinkle with some powdered sugar and add some faux flowers or a ribbon to give the display a nice touch of décor. You can decorate the platter to match the holiday or special occasion you are celebrating.
If you like this recipe, try these!Print
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups light corn syrup
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 3 Tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 10×15 inch jellyroll pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, ½ cup sugar, and salt. Cut in 1 cup of margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the prepared pan, and press in firmly.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling. In a large bowl mix together the eggs, corn syrup, 1½ cups sugar, 3 Tablespoons margarine, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Spread the filling evenly over the crust as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until set. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing into bars.