Sometimes you need something light and fluffy for dessert or a snack. While things like cookies, brownies, and cakes are delicious, you may not have time to bake, or you may just want something that’s not so heavy. This angel salad recipe is perfect for a quick dessert. It’s easy to whip up, and you even make it a day or two ahead of time and keep it chilled until you are ready to serve it.
Angel salad is a real treat, and it’s pretty healthy too. It’s full of fruits and nuts, and the textures are very satisfying. The flavors come together nicely to create a dessert that’s not too sweet, but just sweet enough to hit the spot and soothe your craving for dessert.
This is an excellent recipe because there are a lot of ways you can change it up for different occasions or if you just want to try a different flavor. You can try different flavors of Jello as well as combinations of different fruits and nuts to get different flavors and textures. You can also choose to leave out the pimentos and celery for a sweeter dish, or add more vegetables for one that is more savory. You can also leave out the nuts altogether.
Ways To Plate Angel Salad
Since angels salad is held together with Jello, you can have a lot of fun with the plating. You can use almost any type of Jello mold to make the shape you want. If you are considering serving this for a holiday meal, you can even choose a mold in the shape of a holiday icon. Just flip the mold onto a lovely platter or sheet when you are ready to serve. You can even top it with nuts, fruit, and whipped cream before adding it to your table.
When To Serve Angel Jello Salad
This angel salad recipe is perfect for serving any time of year. It makes a great gift for neighbors, teachers, and family members around the holidays and definitely deserves a spot on your holiday table. It’s also a refreshing summer dessert that can be enjoyed around the pool or picnic table. It’s so easy to make, though, you will be making it for more than just special occasions and holidays. Any time you need a quick treat for an office party, backyard barbecue, or potluck, this will be your go-to recipe.
If you like this recipe, try these!Print
- 1 (6 ounce) package lime flavored gelatine mix
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 20 ounces diced pimento peppers, drained
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a small bowl, dissolve the lime flavored gelatine in hot water. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, pineapple, pimento peppers, celery and pecans. Fold in the gelatine. Chill in the refrigerator 1 hour, or until thickened but not firm.
- Whip the heavy cream in a small bowl until thickened. Fold into the gelatine mixture.
- Refrigerate 3 hours, or until firmly gelled.