Last Updated on
The holidays are meant to be fun and a way to make memories with your friends and family members. What better way to make those memories than with some adorable Thanksgiving treats? The rice krispie treats turkeys are as cute as it gets. They are easy to make and fun to eat. You can put some on your table for guests to enjoy as a snack or dessert. If you have kids, you can even let them help you make them. Their little hands are perfect for shaping the rice into turkey shapes, and they will love decorating them and showing them off at dinner.
This recipe is simple to make and uses ingredients you may already have in your pantry. If you would prefer to use a different type of cereal or different types of candy decoration, you can do that and get the same effect. The idea is to have fun and creative. Let everyone in your family decorate their turkey the way they want. You could even have a contest and let your dinner guests choose the one they like best. In addition to the candies used in this recipe, you could also use mini marshmallows, nuts, sprinkles, and even chocolate chips.
Plating Your Rice Krispie Turkeys
Part of the fun of making these turkeys is displaying them in fun and creative ways. These look great as a centerpiece on the main dinner table. If you have a kids table set up for the holidays, you can also use it as a centerpiece there. If you are serving your food buffet style, make these little treats the star of your dessert table or section. They are so cute that many people might confuse them for actual decorations. You can also just line them up on a cute platter or stacked dessert display for a fun look.
What To Serve With Rice Krispie Treats Turkeys
These turkeys are perfect for a Thanksgiving dessert, but you don’t have to eat them alone. They taste great with other desserts. Serve them with a side of ice cream or yogurt, so you get that soft creamy texture paired with the crunchiness of the rice
If you like this Thanksgiving recipe, try these!Print
- 3 Tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Cocoa Krispies cereal
- Candy corn
- Mini M&Ms
- Pretzels, both sticks and twisted
- Peanut butter
- In a large microwave safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows at high for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Add Kellogg’s Cocoa Krispies. Stir until well coated. Using spatula coated with cooking spray or waxed paper, press mixture into 15½ x 10½ x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- When slightly cooled, shape cereal mixture into body and head shape using buttered hands. Place on waxed paper or a surface coated with cooking spray. Allow to cool.
- Using peanut butter and a pretzel, attach head. Decorate head with mini m&ms and candy corn.
- Insert pretzel rods for legs.
- Using peanut butter, attach m&ms to twisted pretzel and attach to body with peanut butter.
Best when done in a cool kitchen, or chill peanut butter first.