Alien Pop Recipe
¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons butter
6 cups of miniature marshmallows
2/3 cup butterscotch chips
¼ cup creamy peanut butter
green food coloring
8 cups puffed rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies
12 6″ lollipop sticks
1/3 cup canned chocolate frosting
1. Butter a 15×10 jelly roll pan.
2. In large, wide pot, melt butter over medium heat.
3. Add marshmallows; cook, stirring constantly, until melted.
4. Stir in chips and peanut butter until melted and smooth.
5. Make mixture light green with food coloring.
6. Remove from heat.
7. Coat inner sides of pot with non-stick cooking spray so cereal won’t stick.
8. Stir in cereal until combined.
9. Press mixture into jelly roll pan to make 1-inch thick, 12×10 inch rectangle.
10. Draw an alien’s head on a piece of waxed paper. Make drawing approximately 3 1/2″ long, and cut out.
11. Place alien head on cereal mixture and trace around it with a sharp knife; repeat to cutout 12 aliens, discarding scraps.
12. Starting at bottom point of face, insert a stick 1/3 of way through head.
13. Transfer frosting to plastic food storage bag with corner snipped.
14. Squeeze out frosting to make eyes and mouth. Eyes should be pointed at both ends, and go up at an angle. Mouth should be a short line.