Puppy Chow Recipe
This is the original puppy chow recipe that kids love. It’s a tasty sweet snack that’s super easy to make. Peanut butter and chocolate are a great combination, and the addition of crispy cereal makes this the perfect blend of flavors and textures. This is a great snack for after school, movie nights, or any time you want to make a special treat that takes almost no time to make.
It may look like real puppy chow, but this puppy chow recipe is guaranteed to taste a whole lot better! Remember, this is a humans only recipe because it contains chocolate. Never give any of this puppy chow to your puppy or dog, as chocolate can make them very sick. A good alternative to puppy chow is the old favorite chex mix recipe that is just as easy, but gives you a salty instead of a sweet treat.
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
9 cups Crispix cereal (any flavor)
3 cups powdered sugar
1. Combine peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave for one minute then stir to blend all ingredients thoroughly. Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Stir well.
3. Place the 9 cups of Crispix cereal in a very large bowl.
4. Pour the peanut butter-chocolate mixture over the cereal and toss evenly, making sure all the cereal gets a good covering.
5. Place the powdered sugar in a large zip-lock type plastic bag.
6. Add the peanut butter-chocolate cereal mixture to the bag, leaving enough room for the puppy chow to be shaken (you may have to divide the mixture into smaller batches, coating one batch at a time).
7. Shake the bag vigorously to evenly coat each piece of the puppy chow with powdered sugar.
8. Once the mixture is fully coated, place in a large serving bowl.
9. Coat any additional pieces by shaking the mixture in the powdered sugar filled bag. Add powdered sugar to the bag as needed until all the mixture is coated.
Easy Recipes Main Page