This is the original puppy chow recipe that kids love. It’s a tasty sweet snack that’s super easy to make.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 9 cups Crispix cereal (any flavor)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Combine peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for one minute then stir to blend all ingredients thoroughly. Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Stir well.
- Place the 9 cups of Crispix cereal in a very large bowl.
- Pour the peanut butter-chocolate mixture over the cereal and toss evenly, making sure all the cereal gets a good covering.
- Place the powdered sugar in a large zip-lock type plastic bag.
- Add the peanut butter-chocolate cereal mixture to the bag, leaving enough room for the puppy chow to be shaken (you may have to divide the mixture into smaller batches, coating one batch at a time).
- Shake the bag vigorously to evenly coat each piece of the puppy chow with powdered sugar.
- Once the mixture is fully coated, place in a large serving bowl.
- Coat any additional pieces by shaking the mixture in the powdered sugar filled bag. Add powdered sugar to the bag as needed until all the mixture is coated.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: puppy chow snack, How to make Puppy Chow