At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Halloween Puppy Chow
Halloween will be here before you know it, a great reason to start enjoying the fun treats now! Halloween Puppy Chow turns your average puppy chow treat into the Halloween favorite of ghouls and goblins everywhere (princesses love it too)!
Here’s a great Halloween-related after school snack or treat to take to a Halloween party this year. Puppy chow is such an easy and tasty treat for the youngsters to snack on. Add the costume and candy filled Halloween spin on it and you’ll have a tradition the kids will want to enjoy every year.
Halloween Puppy Chow Recipe
1 pound orange candy melts
4 cups plain Chex
3 cups powdered sugar, split
1 pound black candy melts
4 cups chocolate Chex
Halloween sprinkles, orange and black
1. Melt the orange candies in a large microwave safe bowl for 1 minute on 50% power and mix with a rubber spatula. Repeat at 30 second intervals until melted and smooth.
2. Add the plain Chex and stir until coated.
3. Toss into a gallon Ziploc bag with 1½ cups powdered sugar, shake until well coated. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
4. Repeat process with black candies and chocolate Chex.
5. Combine orange and black Chex in a large bowl with sprinkles and Reese’s pieces. Store in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.