This Chex Mix recipe is the classic version of the all-time favorite snack. Even though it's available in packages, nothing beats the taste (or the price) of fresh-from-the-oven homemade Chex Mix.
If you're looking for a sweet cereal snack, try this puppy chow (it's for humans).
Chex Party Mix Recipe
1 1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt
4 1/2 teaspoons Worchestershire Sauce
8 cups Chex brand cereals (corn, rice, and/or wheat)
1 cup mixed nuts
1 cup butter pretzel braids
1. In small bowl, add seasoned salt and Worcestershire sauce to melted butter. Mix well.
2. Pour Chex cereal, mixed nuts, and butter braids into large zip-lock plastic zipper bags.
3. Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture inside zip-lock zipper bag, seal top of bag securely.
4. Shake bag until all pieces are evenly coated.
5. Pour contents of bag into large microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, spread on absorbent paper to cool.
Events to Serve This Party Mix At
We think you could arguably serve this Chex mix at any gathering, but we recognize that there are some events that this mix is suited to more than others. Here are our suggestions for uses for this party mix!
If you're going to be hosting a sports event, this party mix makes a fantastic snack to chow on while the game or event plays. Whether you're planning a dinner or not, this Chex mix will keep your guests full and satisfied. Nobody wants to watch sports on an empty stomach!
Having a birthday party for one of your kids? This Chex mix is sure to delight. Add some melted chocolate in when you toss the mix, and this one is sure to be a hit with kids. Serve it up while they partake in one of the activities you have planned, like crafts or a movie.
This snack mix can also work great for a sleepover your kid is having. This is an easy snack to munch on throughout the night, satisfying everyone until breakfast. Bonus points if your kid will be watching a movie with their guests. Nothing is better than a good movie snack!