The use of potato chips in a casserole may seem unusual to some people, but the fact is, it’s a southern recipe that has been around for years. People love the crunch the potato chips add to their dishes not to mention that almost addictive taste.
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups potato chips, crushed
- grated cheese (optional)
- Mix celery and chicken together.
- Place 1/2 of this mixture in an ungreased baking dish.
- Spoon ½ can of mushroom soup and 1/4 cup milk over the chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups crushed potato chips over all.
- Repeat layers one more time. If using grated cheese, sprinkle on top.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: potato chip chicken casserole, chicken casserole with potato chips