- 2 pounds new red potatoes
- 3 eggs
- ¾ pound thick cut bacon
- ½ cup sliced black olives, drained
- ½ cup diced green onions, divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil potatoes until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and dice.
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and dice.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and crumble.
- In a large bowl, mix together the potatoes, eggs, bacon, olives, ¼ cup green onions, mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper. Increase quantities of mayonnaise and sour cream as necessary to create desired consistency. Garnish with remaining green onions.