At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Potatoes are one of the most versatile foods there is, and they are pretty tasty any way you make them. Most people have some type of potato with their dinner each night. Mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, and French fries are some of the more common ways to prepare potatoes. Wouldn’t it be nice to switch it up and try something different? This potato delight recipe is a great way to do that.
This recipe gives you a lot of freedom, so it’s easy to play around with it and make it your own. You may choose to cut up your potatoes into smaller sizes or even substitute some ingredients for others you like better. It’s easy to make and has plenty of delicious flavors and textures that will make your family or dinner guests happy.
Potato Delight Variations
This recipe can be changed to suit your food preferences and create unique flavors and textures that your family loves. You can choose to use any type of potatoes you like or have on hand. You can also leave out the bacon or add other meats such as cubed ham. The black olives and onions can also be left out or substituted for other things such as diced celery or pickles. Feel free to add any other spices you enjoy too.
When Is A Good Time To Serve Potato Delight?
Potato Delight can be served for almost any meal. It’s great for all seasons, and you can serve it warm or chilled. In the summer months, it makes an excellent dish for potlucks, backyard parties, cookouts, and picnics. Just chill it for a refreshing and satisfying side dish.
In the fall and winter, it can be served warm or chilled as a side dish at dinner time. It can also be served with your holiday meals. It goes great with turkey, chicken, beef, and ham, and is perfect for family dinners. It works as a casual side that can be served with sandwiched and hotdogs.
You will find plenty of opportunities to serve this delicious dish. Once your family members, friends, and coworkers try it, they will probably put in a lot of requests for it. Luckily, it’s also the type of dish that can be made a day or two ahead and kept chilled until you are ready to serve it. The
If you like this recipe, try these!Print
- 2 pounds new red potatoes
- 3 eggs
- ¾ pound thick cut bacon
- ½ cup sliced black olives, drained
- ½ cup diced green onions, divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil potatoes until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and dice.
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and dice.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and crumble.
- In a large bowl, mix together the potatoes, eggs, bacon, olives, ¼ cup green onions, mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper. Increase quantities of mayonnaise and sour cream as necessary to create desired consistency. Garnish with remaining green onions.