It's a pretty universal sentiment that tacos are life. (Seriously, there are memes and billboards and entire days dedicated to this amazing dish.) But so are potatoes, right? Take the best of both and create magic with this taco stuffed baked potato recipe. With fewer than 10 ingredients, this is a super-easy meal idea that is incredibly versatile depending on your family's tastebuds. Start with a tasty oven-baked potato, and then offer a smattering of taco-style toppings — ground beef, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, black olives, red onions — and voila! An incredible taco stuffed baked potato your family will be asking for time and again.
This incredibly easy recipe can be prepared in less than 15 minutes (The taters take an hour to bake, or pop them in the microwave for quicker results!), which means dinner on the table no matter how busy your evenings are.
Here's how to make this delectable dish.Print
Taco Stuffed Baked Potato
- Total Time: 60
- Yield: 4 1x
A tasty, quick and easy meal brings together the best of tacos and potatoes.
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 pint sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Scrub the potatoes and pierce each one several times with a fork.
- Rub potatoes with a little bit of vegetable oil, and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake the potatoes for about 50-60 minutes, or until they are tender when pierced with a fork.
- While the potatoes are baking, cook the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the taco seasoning and water according to the packet instructions, and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the beef is fully cooked and the seasoning is well distributed.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Cut a slit in the top of each potato, and fluff up the insides with a fork.
- Set out the cooked taco beef, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomatoes, chopped red onions, sliced black olives, and sour cream in separate bowls, and place them next to the potatoes.
- Serve the taco stuffed baked potatoes hot, and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50-60 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: baking
Keywords: baked potato, stuffed baked potato