Lest a stellar baked potato be relegated solely to the russet type, check out this baked sweet potato dessert recipe. Whether you make just one or you create a baked potato bar (our favorites include taco stuffed baked potatoes or breakfast baked potatoes) and feature this option as the dessert, this dish is a big crowd-pleaser among the younger set or those with an insatiable sweet tooth.
A few simple ingredients yield unbeatable flavors. And the best part? Everyone can customize their own baked sweet potato to their own liking.Print
Dessert Baked Sweet Potato
- Total Time: 60 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
For a sweet treat, try this dessert baked sweet potato.
- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1/8 cup of olive oil or melted butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Optional toppings:
- Chopped nuts
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
- Maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Wash and dry the sweet potatoes, then pierce them all over with a fork.
- Rub each sweet potato with a bit of olive oil or melted butter.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 45-60 minutes, or until they are tender and can be easily pierced with a fork.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, prepare your toppings of choice.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes.
- Slice each sweet potato in half lengthwise and squeeze gently to open.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture over the sweet potato halves.
- Add your desired toppings to each sweet potato.
- Serve the sweet potatoes hot and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45-60 mins
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Serving Size: 1 potato
Keywords: sweet potato, baked sweet potato, dessert