It's the most important meal of the day. Yes, we're talking about breakfast. And baked potatoes are a beloved and tasty dish most can agree are a dietary must. Blend the best of both, and you have a breakfast baked potato. Think of it like a happy marriage between all the best components a hearty breakfast offers — eggs, bacon, potatoes and cheese. Yep, it's all there, and the result is a flavor smorgasbord you and your loved ones won't soon forget.
Start with a perfect oven-baked potato (microwave if you're crunched for time). While the taters are cooking, cook up the bacon — skillet or air-fry — and prep the rest of the toppings. When the potatoes are ready, round up the troops and set out the toppings so everyone can customize their own breakfast baked potato. Bon appetit!Print
Breakfast Baked Potato
- Total Time: 60
- Yield: 4 1x
Start the day off right — or enjoy your breakfast for dinner — with this amazingly flavorful breakfast baked potato.
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 scrambled eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Scrub the potatoes and pierce each one several times with a fork.
- Rub each potato with a little bit of vegetable oil, and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake the potatoes for about 50-60 minutes, or until they are tender when pierced with a fork.
- While the potatoes are baking, cook the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove from the pan and crumble it into small pieces.
- In the same skillet, scramble the eggs until fully cooked.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Cut a slit in the top of each potato, and fluff up the insides with a fork.
- Set out the crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, scrambled eggs, and chopped green onions in separate bowls, and place them next to the potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Serving Size: 1 potato
Keywords: baked potato, breakfast