Last Updated on
Breakfast Egg Casseroles
These Breakfast Egg Casseroles are easy to make and have lots of protein from the eggs they contain. Remember that you can alter them with what you have in the house or what your family especially likes to add in your egg casseroles for breakfast.
Breakfast Egg Casserole
8 large eggs
6 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons butter
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 4 ounce can of green chiles — chopped
2/3 cup extra-sharp cheddar — shredded
(add sliced tomatoes for garnish)
Preheat Oven to 350F
1. Put butter in 8″ square baking pan. Set in 350 degree oven to melt.
2. Slightly beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour into pan.
3. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until eggs begin to set.
4. Sprinkle with cheese and chiles. Draw a wide metal spatula across bottom of pan several times to break up mixture.
5. Bake, breaking up mixture again several times, for 5 more minutes or until of desired doneness.
6. Serve with tomato sauce, ketchup or chili sauce, if used. Garnish with sliced tomatoes.
Baked Breakfast Egg Casserole
1 large to jumbo egg
3-4 drops Worcestershire (to taste)
1/4 teaspoon mustard — prepared (can substitute Dijon Mustard)
2 tablespoons parsley — chopped
2 tablespoons scallions — chopped
2 tablespoons cheddar cheese — shredded
1/4 cup bean sprouts — chopped
1. Break egg into a lightly greased individual baking dish.
2. Stir egg to break yolk.
3. Add mustard, Worcestershire, bean sprouts, onion and parsley.
4. Stir to mix thoroughly. Cut in half the cheese. Top with remaining cheese.
5. Place dish in a larger pan that has about 1 in. hot water.
6. Bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes or until egg is firm.
Baked Breakfast Scrambled Egg Casserole
1 Dozen eggs
4 ounces cheddar cheese — shredded
1 1/2 cups cooked ham — chopped
(you can substitute sausage, bacon, or canadian bacon)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup green onions — sliced
1/2 cup half & half
2 tablespoons margarine
1. Preheat oven to 250F and Grease 2-qt casserole pan.
2. In large skillet, melt margarine and saute onions until crisp tender.
3. In large bowl, beat eggs; stir in half & half and ham (or sausage/bacon).
4. Pour egg mixture into skillet with onions; mix well.
5. Cook over medium heat. As mixture begins to set, gently lift cooked portions with spatula so that thin uncooked portions can flow to bottom.
6. Avoid constant stirring. Cook until eggs are thickened throughout.
7. Spoon into prepared casserole dish.
8. Pour soup evenly over top. Bake at 250F for 30 minutes.
9. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake 10-15 minutes longer.
Breakfast and Brunch Egg Casserole
4-5 eggs, beaten
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4-6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cups unseasoned croutons
2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 dash pepper
1. Place croûtons and cheese in the bottom of a greased 9×13″ baking pan.
2. Combine eggs, milk and seasonings; pour into baking dish.
3. Sprinkle with bacon. Bake at 325 for 1 hour or until set. Serve immediately.