At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Ham
Mac and Cheese with Ham is a creamy, cheesy, meal that’s like a blanket of comfort in every bite. The addition of diced ham turns mac and cheese into a substantial main dish meal. It can easily be adapted to fit your family’s tastes by swapping the ham with your meat of choice – try using leftover cooked chicken or turkey, or even chopped bacon.
Macaroni and Cheese with Ham Ingredients:
1 pound cooked ham, cubed
¼ cup butter or margarine, divided
¼ cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
¼ pound Velveeta Pasteurized Prepared Cheese , cut up
1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese , divided
2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked, drained
2 Tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
1. Melt 3 Tablespoons of the butter in large saucepan on low heat.
2. Blend in flour and salt; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually add milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
3. Add prepared cheese product and 1½ cups of the shredded cheese; stir until melted.
4. Stir in macaroni. Add cooked cubed ham.
5. Pour into lightly greased 1½ quart casserole.
6. Melt remaining 1 Tablespoon butter; toss with bread crumbs.
7. Sprinkle casserole with remaining ½ cup cheese and bread crumb mixture.
8. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.