Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Ham
Mac and Cheese with Ham is a creamy, cheesy, meal that’s like a blanket of comfort in every bite. The addition of diced ham turns mac and cheese into a substantial main dish meal. It can easily be adapted to fit your family’s tastes by swapping the ham with your meat of choice – try using leftover cooked chicken or turkey, or even chopped bacon.
Macaroni and Cheese with Ham Ingredients:
1 pound cooked ham, cubed
¼ cup butter or margarine, divided
¼ cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
¼ pound Velveeta Pasteurized Prepared Cheese , cut up
1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese , divided
2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked, drained
2 Tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
1. Melt 3 Tablespoons of the butter in large saucepan on low heat.
2. Blend in flour and salt; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually add milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
3. Add prepared cheese product and 1½ cups of the shredded cheese; stir until melted.
4. Stir in macaroni. Add cooked cubed ham.
5. Pour into lightly greased 1½ quart casserole.
6. Melt remaining 1 Tablespoon butter; toss with bread crumbs.
7. Sprinkle casserole with remaining ½ cup cheese and bread crumb mixture.
8. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.