At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Easy Dinner Recipes
This week of easy dinner recipes includes family favorites that are sure to please. Enjoy a full week worth of easy dinner ideas including entrees and side dishes.
If you’d like to print the individual recipes (instead of the complete weeks’ worth at one time), the link to each recipe is at the end of that day’s recipe.
Day One Easy Dinner Recipe
CHICKEN NOODLE CASSEROLE
Turn macaroni into a delicious, belly-filling homemade casserole. The cream of celery soup adds a hint of flavor beyond the traditional chicken soup used in most casseroles. This is a fantastic weeknight dinner that uses simple pantry ingredients and comes together in a flash.
1 can Campbell’s Cream of Celery Soup
1 can chicken breast
1 small package cream cheese
½ teaspoon garlic
½ teaspoon dry mustard
¼ cup milk
1 small onion, chopped
¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons butter
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese for topping (optional)
1. Cook macaroni per package directions.
2. In casserole dish mix cream of celery, softened cream cheese, milk until smooth.
3. Add chicken, garlic, dry mustard and onion. Stir in cooked macaroni.
4. Melt butter and mix bread crumbs into the butter. Spread mixture over top of casserole.
5. Bake in 375 degree oven for 45 minutes.
6. 10 minutes before casserole is done, remove from oven and sprinkle with the cheddar cheese if using. Return to oven until done.
Day Two Easy Dinner
BAKED PESTO CHICKEN
ANGEL HAIR PASTA WITH HERBS
This is an elegant dinner that’s so easy to make you can use it for special occasions or a quick and easy weeknight meal. Serve with angel hair pasta and a crusty bread for a complete dinner that’s ready in under 30 minutes.
Baked Pesto Chicken Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
½ cup basil pesto
2 plum tomatoes
shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover cookie sheet with foil.
2. Put pesto and chicken in bowl. Toss until chicken is covered.
3. Place chicken and pesto sauce on cookie sheet, evenly distributing the sauce. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
4. Place slices of tomato on top of chicken and sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake another 3-5 minutes.
6. Serve with a box of angel hair pasta and herbs and French bread.
Day Three Easy Dinner Idea
CHILI COKE ROAST
GARLIC GREEN BEANS
The perfect mix of sweet and savory, this easy chili coke roast recipe uses a crockpot which makes the meat so tender and juicy it falls apart. Spoon it over mashed potatoes to soak up all the deliciousness of the Coca-Cola infused gravy.
Chili Coke Roast Ingredients:
1 beef roast, 3-4 lbs.
1 can Coca-Cola
1 package onion soup mix
1 bottle chili sauce
1. Place all ingredients in crock-pot and cook for 7-10 hours depending on size of roast.
2. The meat will flake apart when done. Serve over mashed potatoes.
Garlic Green Beans Ingredients:
2 cans regular green beans, drained
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 Tablespoons butter
1. Heat green beans in saucepan with garlic powder and butter.
Day Four Dinner Recipe
BACON AND CHEESE QUICHE
HOME FRIED POTATOES
Bacon and cheese quiche can be served as an easy yet exquisite dinner. Filled with bacon and plenty of cheese, this is a family favorite. Serve with home fries for a comfort food feast.
Bacon and Cheese Quiche Ingredients:
1 9-inch pie crust, unbaked
1 Tablespoon butter
12 bacon slices, crumbled
1 bag Italian blend shredded cheese (or mozzarella cheese)
2 cup heavy cream
¾ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spread crust into pie plate or quiche plate.
2. Spread crust with butter. Sprinkle bacon and cheese on crust.
3. Beat eggs with rest of ingredients. Pour into crust.
4. Bake 15 minutes. Turn down to 325 degrees and bake 40 more min. Let stand 10 minutes.
Home Fried Potatoes Ingredients:
4 red potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
2. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat.
3. Add onion and green pepper. Cook, stirring often, until soft (about 5 minutes).
4. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
5. Pour remaining 2 tablespoons of oil into the skillet and turn heat to medium-high.
6. Add potato cubes, salt, paprika and black pepper.
7. Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are browned; about 10 minutes.
8. Stir in the onions, green peppers and parsley and cook for another minute.
Day Five Easy Dinner Idea
HONEY PECAN PORK CHOPS
BAKED SWEET POTATOES
Honey and pecans form a glaze to enrobe and elevate average pork chops. This recipe looks elegant and difficult, but it’s easy enough for a tantalizingly tasty weeknight meal. Serve with sweet potatoes and buttered broccoli for a dinner to remember.
Honey Pecan Pork Chops:
1 ¼ pounds boneless pork loin, pounded thin
½ cup all-purpose flour for coating
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons butter
¼ cup honey
¼ cup chopped pecans
1. In a shallow dish, mix together flour, salt and pepper. Dredge pork cutlets in the flour mixture.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chops, and brown both sides. Transfer to a warm plate.
3. Mix honey and pecans into the pan drippings. Heat through, stirring constantly.
4. Pour sauce over cutlets. Serve with fresh baked sweet potatoes and buttered broccoli.
Day Six Easy Dinner Recipe
EASY CHICKEN STROGANOFF
Chicken breasts get the royal treatment when they’re prepared with a simple blend of butter, sour cream, and creamy mushroom soup to create a velvety sauce. It envelops tender chicken breasts and mushrooms, then gets blended with egg noodles for delectable comfort in every bite.
Easy Chicken Stroganoff Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons butter
1 lb. chicken breast, cut in strips
2 cups mushrooms
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
4 cups cooked egg noodles
1. Cook chicken in 1 Tablespoon butter. Remove.
2. Add remaining Tablespoon of butter along with the mushrooms and onions to the pan and cook through.
3. Stir in soup and sour cream. Heat until boiling.
4. Return chicken to the pan. Heat thoroughly.
5. Serve over noodles, with a tossed salad and buttered Italian bread.
Day Seven Easy Dinner
Bubble pizza is a super quick and easy way to make pizza at home. The recipe uses biscuits to form the crust, ground beef simmered in pizza sauce and two cheeses as topping to make it a hearty meal. Kids love this, and you can’t beat the savings over takeout pizza. While it’s filling enough to be a meal on it’s own, oven baked french fries go perfectly with it. Salt the frozen french fries before baking to pull out the moisture and make them crispier.
1 ½ lb. ground beef
1 jar pizza sauce
2 tubes refrigerator biscuits
1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Brown the beef in a skillet and drain.
2. Stir pizza sauce into browned hamburger and simmer until heated through.
3. Quarter the biscuits and place in a 13-in x 9-in x 2-in greased baking dish. Top with beef mixture.
4. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with cheeses and bake 5-10 more minutes.
Serve with oven baked french fries if desired. Salt the frozen french fries before baking to make them crispier.
Easy Recipes Main Page