At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Baked Ziti Recipe
This baked ziti recipe uses a blend of three cheeses to make it gooey and absolutely delicious. It is easy to make, but tastes like it took hours of slaving in the kitchen. Serve with a salad and buttered crusty Italian bread for a hearty meal.
1 pound dry ziti pasta
1 onion, chopped
1 pound lean ground beef
2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 cups sour cream
6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
2. In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish.
4. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted. Serve with a tossed salad and buttered italian rolls.
Easy RecipesMain Page