Toasted Onion Rolls
Ths baked ziti recipe uses three kinds of Italian cheeses make a quick and easy budget-friendly dinner that’s perfect for a weeknight meal. This is a great recipe for feeding a crowd at a potluck or family get together. You can leave out the ground beef and still have a hearty dinner that will have everyone satisfied at the end of the meal.
Baked Ziti Ingredients:
1 pound box ziti pasta, uncooked
1 onion, chopped
1 pound lean ground beef
2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup grated Three Cheese Blend (you can substitute Parmesan cheese)
1½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
2. In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat.
3. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish.
5. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, ricotta cheese, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture.
6. Top with grated Three Cheese Blend.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheeses are melted.
8. Serve with a tossed salad and toasted buttered onion rolls.