At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Crock Pot Breakfast and Miscellaneous
CROCK POT BREAKFAST COBBLER
4 medium-sized apples, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups granola cereal
1. Place apples in slow cooker and mix in remaining ingredients.
2. Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours (overnight) or on high 2-3 hours. Serve with milk.
CROCK POT HEARTY WHEAT BERRY BREAKFAST
1 cup wheat berries, rinsed & drained
2-2 1/2 cups apple juice
1/2 cup chopped apricots
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon clove
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1. Place everything in the crockpot the night before. Cook on low all night. Serve in the morning.
CROCK POT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
1 32 oz. bag of frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
1 lb. of bacon cut into pieces, fried and drained
1/2 cup diced onions
3/4 lb. cheddar cheese diced
1 dozen eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
salt & pepper
1. Layer the frozen potatoes, bacon, onions, and cheese in the crock pot in three layers. Finish up with cheese.
2. Beat the eggs, milk and mustard, salt &pepper together. Pour over the whole mixture.
3. Cook on low for ten to twelve hours
CROCKPOT BRUNCH CASSEROLE
1 1/2 lb. ground beef
1 onion, large; finely chopped
2 Tablespoons olive oil or butter
2 garlic cloves; minced
1 can mushrooms, sliced; drained; 4 oz
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon oregano, leaf
1/2 package spinach, chopped
3 Tablespoons flour
6 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup milk, scalded
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, sharp; grated
1. In skillet, lightly brown ground beef and onion in olive oil; drain well.
2. Place in well-greased crock-pot.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients except eggs, milk and cheese until well blended.
4. Beat eggs and milk together. Pour over other ingredients; stir well. Dust with additional nutmeg.
5. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 7 to 10 hours or until firm. Just before serving, sprinkle with grated cheese.
CROCK POT BRUNCH FLORENTINE
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated and divided
1 9 oz. package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup white bread, cubed
1 cup fresh button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Lightly grease the slow cooker. Layer half of the cheddar cheese, spinach, bread,mushrooms and green onions in the bottom of the crock pot.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, salt, pepper and garlic powder until thoroughly combined.
3. Pour this egg mixture over the layered mixture. Do not mix. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
4. Cover; cook on High for 1 1/2 to 2 hours
CROCK POT OATMEAL
2 cups milk
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon melted butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup chopped apple
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Grease the inside of crockpot. Put ingredients into crockpot and mix with whisk.
2. Cover. Just before going to bed turn on the crockpot on low. The cereal will be ready in the morning
CROCK POT CHEESE SOUFFLE
14 slices fresh white bread, crust removed
3 cups grated sharp cheese, cheddar
1/4 cup butter
6 large eggs
3 cups milk, scalded
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Tear bread in small pieces. Place 1/2 in well greased crock pot.
2. Add 1/2 cheese, 1/2 butter. Add remaining bread, cheese and butter.
3. Beat eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Pour over bread and cheese. Sprinkle with paprika.
4. Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours. Do not open until ready to serve.
CROCK POT WESTERN OMELETTE CASSEROLE
32 ounces hash browns, frozen
1 pound ham, extra lean, cooked and cubed
1 medium onion diced
1 medium green bell pepper, diced
1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
1. Place a layer of frozen potatoes on the bottom of the crock pot, followed by a layerof ham, then onions, green peppers and cheese.
2. Repeat the layering process two or three times, ending with a layer of cheese.
3. Beat the eggs, milk and salt & pepper together. Pour over the mixture inside the crockpot, cover and turn on low.
4. Cook for 10-12 hours, overnight, and enjoy for breakfast or brunch the next day.
CROCK POT REFRIGERATED PICKLES
1 cup vinegar
1/2 cup pickling salt
1 quart hot water
3 quarts cold water
1. Mix ingredients and set aside.
2. Put the following into the bottom of gallon jar: 1 garlic clove and 1 sliced onion. Pack pickles in jar. Pour mixture over pickles.
3. Close and refrigerate for 1 week.
CROCK POT KOSHER DILL PICKLES
4 quarts water
1 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup canning salt
cucumbers, 2-3 inches
fresh dill, cut (1-2 bunches)
garlic, chopped (1-2 whole cloves)
grape leaves, washed
1. Place a bed of grape leaves on bottom of crock pot. Alternate layers ofcucumbers, dill and garlic to fill crock pot.
2. Bring water, vinegar, and salt to a boil. Cool and pour over cucumbers. Place more grape leaves on top.
3. Weigh down and let set in cool place 3-5 days or until flavor is desirable to taste. Place left over pickles in refrigerator.